Talking About Voice Cloning

In this post I will talk about voice cloning. Voice cloning has come a long way from the past years, and even to this day AI keeps getting better and better every day. I've tried some voice cloning software and websites and from the past and present. One of those I tried was Lyerbird which is now a part of Dscript, and it once was a website to clone your own voice by recording prompted sentences. You would start out with a minute of speech of yourself, then once your voice has been made, you can make more recordings to better improve the quality of your cloned voice. This was all in beta, but it was decent. They also had an app you could download on your phone (it's no longer on the app store anymore). Back in 2020 they moved it over to DScript. Back in 2021 I tried     The Voice Keeper, which is a voice banking service. You would do the same thing by recording yourself talking. They had some limits for free use. They have a one time fee (About $70). Good thing it is just a one time fee, because it is buggy. Now I can't make more recordings of my voice unless I go to the website on the computer.

Now that I told you all the tools I used, lets talk about some new ones. ElevenLabs is a new tool that clones voices. You can record yourself or upload a file of someone talking (that will be $5.99 a month). The AI is so good. If you want to know how good the AI is, go on TikTok or YouTube and watch all of these AI presidents doing things,like playing video games and other adventures. some of these skits are funny. So far on these videos people have cloned Joe Biden, Donald Trump, George Bush and other celebrity's. It is so realistic. the next tool I will talk about is VoiceCopy AI, which is only an app. They work with ElevenLabs to bring the AI to this app. This one is vary new. You can clone voices by using your microphone, or uploading a file. It is just as good as Elevenlabs, but it's an app. They do have limited  use for free. You can only clone four voices, and create only 20 audio files. Before they released the subscription for this app in march it let me create unlimited files and voices. You can pay $5.99 (Cimular to ElevinLabs) or $24 which will renew every 6 months. So if you don't want to be billed every month for this, try it. The only downside is you can only type 400 characters. A while back it was 1000. So far I have cloned aight voices with this app. My self, Howard Stern, Rich Davis, Delilah from the Delilah show, Tony Soprano, My friend Dane and Brock, and Robin Quivers. However: I think Robin's voice needs to be recreated. It almost sounds like someone else. Luckily they added the ability to remove voices, so I might just do that. The last tool I will be talking about is Voice.AI. I couldn't try it because when I installed it back in the fall of 2022 when it was new, it messed up my audio. This means I could not hear anything coming from the computer speaker. That's not good because I use a screen reader, so then I can't use it. So I had to remove it. It sounds good from watching videos of it on YouTube. This software is in beta. I know I tried to use it last year, but I hope it was fixed a little. They are also coming out with an app called Voice AI. It was going to be released back in February 28, then they pushed it back to March 24, now it has been pushed again to April 22. I hope it doesn't get pushed again, and that it will be good since it was pushed back twice. The world of AI voice cloning is wild! Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about my camp experience