How I make my Bryce talk show episodes

I'm sure many of you are probably wanting to know how I do my Bryce talk show episodes now.

For those who haven't heard of this, it's a fun series I do on YouTube. It's just a couple episodes I make where I just talk about everything. I've been doing it for a while. I have a playlist of all my episodes I've made so far if you want to hear some of these episodes.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz39msg3TgDsiT5n3FSJjnoYLlIcLOEIn

I audio edit them instead of recording them on camera. There are some who may know but for those who don't, let me explain. A couple years ago I used to just film the Bryce talk show and then use my video editor called Splice, and I would use it to put music and other stuff to it. If I wanted to show something then I would put another video to it. I still use this video editor, but not when I do the talk show. Granted, there are still times I might record the Bryce talk show on camera, but not like I used to. Unless I want to do an episode and I'm not near my computer, I might record one with the camera, then video edit the episode. Back in the fall of 2021 when my computer wasn't working, I had to just record them from my phone again. Once my computer was reset, the cracked version of studio recorder was removed. I was in Florida for Christmas two years ago, and I did the Brice talk show episode when I was down there. Now I use studio recorder, a great audio editor from the American printing House for the blind, who made this software. This software runs in a demo until you pay for the full version, meaning if you are running the demo, you cannot save or export your files. Some may think $200 is a little expensive and you could just use something free like audacity, but this is great and accessible even more. You can constantly move left or right arrow keys, and you can hear whatever you are moving around, as well as when you're selecting, cutting is obviously easy and so is mixing other audio. Instead of waiting for like a day to get the video published, I can actually take however long I need to and work on the episode, and cut out some of the stuff I don't want on the video. The most things I would cut out from the video are when I use a lot of the phrases like umm, you know, or and. I also cut out some pausing that happens on the video, but maybe I might keep some. But I don't want to have a bunch of pauses in the video. I might keep some of these in, but not a lot of them. I would also cut out some of the same things I said over again. Once I am done editing the audio file, I either put the audio file in iMovie, and have a blank screen, or use an audio to video converter  website to take my MP3 into a video file. Then I get the video ready for publishing. It definitely sounds a lot better than just recording it with the camera and then using a video editor where you can barely trim and cut stuff out when I could just use an audio editor like this. Right now I put time markers for my segments of the talk show so that way you can switch between segments. Before I never did that. But now I do. So now you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about my camp experience